Exterior Masonary Paint - which ones have oil in em??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

About to start painting the house again - was done about 3-4 years ago in Sandtex Smooth - Brilliant white

However especially in the front its looking a bit shabby on a 1930s semi

Anyway - decided to look into paint in more detail this time rather than get what was on offer in the DIY sheds

Now decided to go for Johnstones Stormshield but then got confused as saw another paint called Johnstones masonary paint with Pliolite in it - which I think is a type of oil??

Basically my question is what is the difference with between a normal smooth type masonary paint and one which has this pliolite??

Which one is better - can see one is acrylic based and one solvent

Want something that last a big longer to be honest - if the front start to go shabbby agin may try one of these self cleaning options just on the front of the house - as its double the price of all the other paint

Thanks for any advice guys

Sponsored Links
The Pliolite will offer a harder wearing surface and stays cleaner for longer, actualy it's a very good coating.

Dec

Thanks - this means more expense then !!

So the smooth stuff is water based???

Anybody know where the cheapest place is to buy online by any chance or is that not allowed on ere?

Smooth Masonry paint can either be water based or solvent borne (Pliolite) the info regarding this can be found on the container, I can't help you with any online purchase as I never use them.

Dec

Sponsored Links
I have used Dulux All Seasons weathershield many times, rain proof in 15-20 mins. great paint, but not cheap. Pliolite based.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back