Exterior Paint Colour Suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
So the outside of our house is grubby and just in general need of painting to bring it back to fresh life.
However trying to choose an exterior paint colour is REALLY hard. I really need someone to make some suggestions. Ive tried some google'ing but couldnt really find a service where you can get some cheap/free advice from someone looking at pictures.
So here are some pictures.... any suggestions.

I would quite like to leave the window sill's and lintels white
I need a colour for the main body of the house and a colour for the new wooden front door which is going in.
Need to not be too bold as the end wall of the terrace faces the neighbours 17th century white, thatched cottage.
In the pictures it is the end of terrace on the RIGHT of the picture as you look at it.

All ideas gratefully received.

Many thanks

Chris

IMG_1889.JPG
<br>
IMG_1890.JPG
<br>
IMG_1892.JPG
<br>
IMG_1893.JPG
<br>

Sponsored Links
you need a colour that will blend in with the house next door in the terrace.

It would do no harm to agree a colour with them and paint both houses the same

how would you feel about a darker colour in the buff/brown range?

Bright colours (including white) soon look scruffy and not many people can agree on which bright colour looks good

I see all the houses have been rendered which usually means poor quality brickwork which is spalled

Glad to see you still have the original stonework round the windows. This will make it easier to restyle towards original appearance one day.

No doubts for me.
I'd match the thatched cottage also doing stonework black with a white front door, especially if you're doing the gable wall.
Make a good job and you'll put thousands on it.

Don't leave it so long next time ;)

Yeh id be inclined to agree with 'Le Growl' here (that must be about three times this year!!...whats going on??? ;) )

Painting the lintels above the window, the cills and the gutter and fascis boards black.

First thing youl need to do though is pressuse wash it down..it looks like you have got a bit of algae there, which isnt a good thing to paint over.

Sort out those rust stains too...get the worst off with a wire brush and then seal em with Zinnser Bin or Dulux stain block

You may want to also consider hiding that aerial cable behind the down pipe while your at it.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
WHAT :eek: Zampa, All those years of mixing Snowcem powder must`ve got to you ;) That`s much too stark ;) ...yes, I`ve mixed and applied the stuff, with me old dad, remember it smelled kind of minty ;) ...I`m with John on this one

Snowcem...arrrrgh evil stuff...only used it once, just the once, never again. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back