Exterior paint job rough quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Living in a 1930's rough cast end of terrace 3 bed house, how much roughly would it cost to get it painted? From what i can see no to very minimal repair and has already been painted a really nasty blue - which really wasn't a bright idea by the previous owner.

Only ask as someone i know who lives in a masonette got quoted 600 quid!

For that on a masonette i'd rather jump up a ladder and knock me b******s out myself.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
end of terrace soo you got 3 walls ??? are they big walls little walls? is it deep roaghcast?? how many windows doors ?? Blue colour may need 2 coats or more???
Looking on rouge traders tonite you'll get a sink trap unblocked for £287.00. for 1 1/2 hrs work.. sooo are your cobblers in good stead m8 :rolleyes:

£600 sounds like a good deal to me. You sound a right tight ars* so even if you got quoted £200 it would be too much. Have a bash at it yourself and then when it goes wrong call a pro.

Sponsored Links
£600 sounds like a good deal to me. You sound a right tight ars* so even if you got quoted £200 it would be too much. Have a bash at it yourself and then when it goes wrong call a pro.

Well i wouldn't go as far as tight, more like carefull. But then all real pro's never ever over charge their customers right?

Anyway, from someone like myself who hasn't a clue at what the price on this subject is, my initial reaction for 600 quid on 3 walls on one level was "ouch" and understandable for my knowledge so excuse the naivety and thank you for enlightening me that i'm going to paying more than i initially thought - which wasn't 200 quid by the way!

More like 150 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back