Exterior Painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We´ve had 2 quotes for getting the outside of our house painted, 600 and 1200. We now wonder if there´s something we should be looking out for. The guy that quoted 600 said we should buy the paint, B&Q would do and it would cost about 120.00, there´s such a large price difference we wondered if there´s something we should be careful about!

Thanx

Mandy

Sponsored Links
yes there is. dont let anyone paint your house with any own brand paint. Insist on a decent brand. Its got to last for years so it needs to be good. It may cost a little more but it saves having it done twice in half the time.

Agree with all of the above..

You need to ask yourself why this guy suggests you buy the paint.....why hasnt he got an account at a paint outlet?

Does he have insurance?....very important.

Is he qualified....not the be all and end all..but it helps sometimes.

and...how qualified?...

Does he look like a painter?....theres a bloke working near me who claims to be a painter but wheres red overalls smoothered in paint and silicone!

As Breezer said....'get another quote'.....in fact id get two more quotes..

Some people go for the cheapest...because they have a budget, which is fair enough...some people always for for the middle quote.

Id say go for the one you feel most comfortable with.

And get it in writing...on headed paper, not on the back of a fag packet!

If someone advises you to get a home brand paint id lay money on the fact he isnt a painter.

If your on a tight budget....think about having half the house done now and half another time...i offer that option to people all the time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks....thought it was probably too good to be true!

Use Colortrend Exterior Matt - its a new paint on the market but it has had a lot of good feedback from customers in the paint shop i work in at the moment. Also available in loads of colours. That or Dulux Trade Weathershield.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back