Exterior walls a right mess...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone on here can give me some good advice about how l can repair my exterior house wall..
l live in a 3 bed house with the walls being stone/concrete throughout the house internal and external, with the external walls having a pebbledash like finish on the walls..
On one side of the house the exterior walls have in certain spots started to bubble/blister and crumble to take of the small pebble face and what looks crumbling cement under this with l presume the stone walls under this. So l need to take off the walls that are crumbling and repair.
What do l need to do to get a good repair on these walls'
What material will l need,
How do l get the small stone effect onto the repaired walls to blend in.

If l can get some photos of the walls for tomorrow l will put them on asap.
How do l get photos on here :oops:

In the meantime help and advice would be great..

Sponsored Links
Photos would be very handy if poss. If you go and click on Forum Information,,, look for subject,, "How to upload a Photo",, there is a "sticky" explaining how to put pictures on here.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Photos of walls that need repairing guys, could do with some advice please..

That is tyrolean Ray,,,, in a pretty bad state, and very difficult to patch up. It really needs to be removed and re-done again, giving you a much better job. Rendering/Tyrolean finish is not a DIY job. I think the best thing you could do, is get a local builder/plasterer to come round and look at it, and give you his advice on the best way forward.

That is tyrolean Ray,,,, in a pretty bad state, and very difficult to patch up. It really needs to be removed and re-done again, giving you a much better job. Rendering/Tyrolean finish is not a DIY job. I think the best thing you could do, is get a local builder/plasterer to come round and look at it, and give you his advice on the best way forward.
Hi roughcaster yea it's in abit of a state but l'm prepared to give it a go. What materials will l need and how to do the patching up start to finish. l will try one patch first and if l make a mess of it then l will hold my hands up and get a pro in.

You can hire a tyrolean applicator from most hire shops and you can buy tyrolean pre bagged that you just mix with water but that may be harder to find as it's not in great demand any more.

You can hire a tyrolean applicator from most hire shops and you can buy tyrolean pre bagged that you just mix with water but that may be harder to find as it's not in great demand any more.
Where can l buy the tyrolean pre bagged from, do B&Q or Wickes sell them. l've seen on the web site pictures of tyrolean walls been done with a tyrolean applicator and some seem very fine/small finishings on the wall, mine looks larger on the wall. How can l get a larger tyrolean finish on the walls does the applicator have settings to make the pebble affect larger to blend in with the rest of my walls..

Tyrolean finish, (Cullamix) should only be applied to a prepared rendered surface. I don't know what your original tyrolean is onto Ray, but it doesn't look like render to me,, more like old stonework. I think you would be wasting your money buying anything just now, without preparing a suitable surface to work onto. The tyrolean itself is the last part of the job.
The wall should be scratched coated, top coat rendered, and then tyroleaned. As i said, doing it any other way is just wasting time and money, and it will never look good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back