External boiler expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The expansion vessel in my son's combi boiler appears to be faulty (Ideal Response 100). Unfortunately, it is virtually impossible to access to fit a replacement. We are therefore considering fitting an additional external vessel. We believe this could be teed into any central heating pipework. We are considering putting it under the bath and connecting it to a pipe to the radiator. This is a fair distance from the boiler, would there be any snags with this?

Sponsored Links
No!

However, the boiler can fail at any time and might need replacement.

Many people would replace the boiler when that happened!

Tony

Interesting reply Tony, can you expand on your suggestion that the boiler could fail at any moment?

Interesting reply Tony, can you expand on your suggestion that the boiler could fail at any moment?

The "Ideal" Response is possibly the worst boiler ever made closely followed by the ideal minimiser, icos, isar, classic combi. . . . . . . . .

Count yourself lucky it has lasted this long but don't waste another penny on it.

Sponsored Links
any way the expansion vessel isnt that hard to replace on these boilers, its down the side behind the electronics, better than down the back!!

I'd agree with Telly Tony, these Ideal boilers are one of the biggest 'sheds' ever made in Engerland and, believe me the English have made some rubbish boilers. Not many 'Clyde Built' domestic heating appliances made in England.

The expansion vessel in my son's combi boiler appears to be faulty (Ideal Response 100). Unfortunately, it is virtually impossible to access to fit a replacement. We are therefore considering fitting an additional external vessel. We believe this could be teed into any central heating pipework. We are considering putting it under the bath and connecting it to a pipe to the radiator. This is a fair distance from the boiler, would there be any snags with this?

Fit on the return as near to the boiler as possible. Take no notice of other posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back