External Downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any sparks in the forum?

I'm installing new soffits and fascias. The felt has been renewed (two runs) and 6mm ply has been installed to support the last 12" of felt.

My soffits are 450mm wide, so I'm installing so chrome down-lighters to smarten them up a little. Void is 450mm wide and 240mm from the soffit to the felt above.

Obviously a new run from the box, and well earthed etc - however I was going to use the normal internal 240V standard fixings rather than paying extra-ordinary prices for bespoke units.

Knowing that the roof is completely water tight is there any issues doing this?

Any advise, as always is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
It is more a sftey issue, but also depends on how wet they may get, low voltage is better, but have you seen these

spearate lamp and transformer required

I have, prefer 240V though.
All fixings are above where the water could ingress so I think I'll fix them this wekend and see how we get on - worst is it'll trip out I suppose?(6amp on 1.5mT&E to juction then splits in 1.0mmT&E to each unit. Total 6 units @ 50W).

Cheers for the link.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back