External Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently demolished a porch at the back of my house. This porch had stairs that took you from the house to the garden and built into one of the stairs was an external drain.

I have demolished the stairs as I intend to deck the back garden but was wondering what I should do with the drain as the decking will be in this area.

This drain is made of clay and I believe my waste pipe is connected to it. I was wondering can I cut this pipe so it is flush with the decking when it is build and cover it with something like this: http://www.plastics-express.co.uk/u...mm-diameter-aluminium-cover-26-frame-p-pte374

Here is a picture of what it looks like at present.

10zobc1.jpg

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry for bumping the post but would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Do whatever you want but it needs to be sorted so it does it job.

and the link you posted is not suitable for this

Thanks very much for the reply mate.

As things stand it is currently in full working order and the downpipe for the waste can be seen in the left hand corner of the picture and this connects well below the ground level. [probably about 2ft down from the cover]

The bit the bag is shoved in is dead as far as I can see as I don't see a hole where it connects inside.

If I cannot use this fixing could you recommend one please.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I am assuming it is buried under the ground as it is not visible so unfortunately I am unable to post a picture.

I'm not sure how much you want to cut off it, but if you can cut back to stub of 4" clay pipe, then I'd fit a suitable coupling onto the cut end, then finish off in plastic to appropriate height and fit an access cap or similar to seal the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back