Blocked drain - no access!! -- Now Unblocked!!!

Sponsored Links
SPOODZ said:

2 buckets of water every 20 mins is not ideal when emptying the bath.

didn't know you could have waste and kitchen/bath water combined

was going to suggest a jet wash it worked on my kitchen waste, but dont fancy the spray back on that lot eeeww good luck ;)

PS you can get reasonable insurance cover for pipes and sewer, much cheaper than a call out.

How long you had the problem how much longer can you hold out. You may even get the fault detected and corrected ;)

Hi,

Just thought I'd follow this up. Now unblocked!!

I Cut a hole in the pipe (like a slice of melon) on Thursday evening. Stuck the drain rods down, got to 30ft (and off my boundary) and came to a bend in the pipe, but no blockage. Couldn't explore further, so called in a jetting company.

He came Friday pm, gave everything a good blast on my boundary via my hole, but no joy, then went to the main sewer manhole tried to jet but got nothing but gravel and soil coming out, suspected collapsed drain. He said the problem was on the water board's side, so phoned them.

They were supposed to come out on Saturday, but from reading the rules I was convinced the problem lay on my pipe, therefore my problem, so phoned the home insurance (covered for collapses, but not blockages). They sent a surveyor out, who also said it was the water boards problem, so he phoned them.

They finally came out Sunday pm, went down the manhole, stuck a jetting pipe in where my drain joins, gave it a few metres, and 30 seconds of water, and out floods the mightiest pile of **** i've ever seen. The blockage was caused by a ball of kando toilet pipes the size of a melon. They are now banned in my house.

Thanks for your messages guys!

"ball of kando toilet pipes the size of a melon"

Whatever this is its obviously not something I have encountered yet in my lifetime.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think he means Kandoo toilet wipes.

So, SPOODZ - who foots the bill then? :eek:

Unless i'm reading this wrong, Building Regulations require access/inspection chamber/ or clean-out to all ground drainage. Something seems to be missing either on the ground or by spoodz.
Note where pipework teeconnects or changes direction .

mnb said:
Unless i'm reading this wrong, Building Regulations require access/inspection chamber/ or clean-out to all ground drainage.
It depends what you're reading though. ;)

Something seems to be missing either on the ground or by spoodz.
Welcome to the real world. :eek:

Note to self, read what you've written before posting it...

I footed the £95 the jetter asked for on friday, water board paid for the rest. If they'd have just come out the first time i'd phoned them (before i called the jetter) I'd have paid out nothing. Of course they insisted the problem was mine everytime someone called them.

mnb, it would have been nice if there was an access to the pipe, but there was nothing. The only bend in the pipe from what I can gather is off my property boundary, and under a cobbled backstreet. do the rules still apply?

We had fun with my own drains, disaapear off down at about 45 degrees towards the street for about 20 ft drop. Rods were coming up against a solid obstacle. I put the claw on the end of about 12 rods, put a diamond core in my core drill, bolted through the slots in the side to the plastic of a drain rod. Span the claw, it chewed itself through the obstruction, when I pulled it out, it was baby wipes.

Of course nobody owned up to flushing baby wipes down the loo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back