External extension wiring to new socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to run an extension cable to a socket in my lounge (for a Sky+ box therefore wireless extender not an option) externally because I don't want wire along the top of my skirting boards. I intend to use 3 pair CW1308 spec wire.

I know that BT don't like you playing with anything before the NTE5 Master socket so I could run the external cable through the same hole in the wall (it's a bit tight and may not fit another wire) as the dropwire into the back of the NTE5 and attaching it as per an internal extension would be, then running it round the outside of the house and drilling a new hole for the new socket.

My question is would it be better/easier to snip the dropwire then fit an external junction box and use gel connectors to link the dropwire to both the old connection to the NTE5 and the external extension cable?

Sponsored Links
be better to disconnect it, make the hole bigger then refit it IMO

As the last posting states take out the dropwire,make the hole bigger then feed in both cables........imho also

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back