External House Holes in Brick Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have moved into a 70's house and there are alot of wholes in the external render around bricks due to things being hung and cable ties etc.

There are also a couple of places where bricks have been replaced and the mortar is grey and dosnt match the red colour of the rest of the brick work.

I have been looking for some ready mixed red render but can only find grey. Does anyone know where I can get red from? I only do basic diy tasks so didnt want to attempt to mix it manually.

Also there is what I presume to be damp corsing showing at a part of the house. Can you advise why this is showing? What do I need to do.

Pics are attached. Any guidance and advice is appreciated.

P.s dont worry about the dampness on the bottom bricks, thats from my hose pipe earlier.

Attachments

• 20170619_113548.jpg
    20170619_113548.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170619_113545.jpg
    20170619_113545.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Your wall is a cavity wall but if it concerns you to have fixing holes left open then:

Just mix a little sand and cement with a little water, and plug the holes with dabs of the mix.
You can buy small bags of repair sand & cement at plumbing or builder's supplier's.

There's no need for changing the colour of the pointing or the dabs.

Your DPC is fine & shouldn't concern you.

There is a dryer vent terminal in the wall thats been sealed with white sealant - does the vent still work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back