Rendering Ideas on my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Just after a few ideas really,
just starting to take my render of the house as the person before had rising damp injection done but the owner bodged up the last 1m of render so decied to tidy it up and render it again,
it has started to come off nicly with nice stock bricks behind,
i thought i may leave the bricks open rather than rerender the whole side of house
but i then came across the Enginnering blocks where there use to be doors the one in pic and there is some more by the back door if you can see them.

so do i render the whole side and loose the nice bricks or do something else as you can see round the window there are normal bricks hokding window in but it is all secure and nothing loose

thanks for any ideas

Mark

Sponsored Links
thanks but that wont work
as some bits of the block sits prowed of the brick work
and will look to falce agaist old brick

Hack the whole lot off and render it all. Them bricks are not good enough to leave in my opinion and hacking render off them will spoil the faces any way. Remember it's only my opinion ;)Also I would get all that pipe work sorted cause if it rains all the water will be going below that wall and you might find you will get damp problems from it....Again....

Sponsored Links
thats what i wanted to hear :)
yes replacing all the pipe work as its all Cast iron anyway
and redoing the whole lot

thanks roy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back