Cracked render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
My house has a crack in the rendering on the front of the house between the door and bedroom window. (The area either side of the crack has now been hacked away and the underlying brick is fine).
I want it repairing so that it will no longer be visible (after repainting). I asked a local renderer to look it at it and he said he would have to re-do the whole wall, which I can't really afford.
Is this right?, is there no way to fill it leaving a surface that matches the surrounding rendering?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like he has a few days to fill. Tell him you will get somebody else and leave it at that. It can be infilled and repainted with no problems.

thanks. so what's the best way to infill it to leave a surface that matches the surrounding rendering? (a bobbly / lumpy appearance)

Sponsored Links
No matter what way you do it, you will never be able to repair a crack etc in tyrolean, roughcast, or any other rough/textured surface without it being "visible/noticeable". The local renderer who you spoke to about the job, was right and honest, ,,,, the only way you will get a repair to be "totally invisible/un-noticeable" on a rough/textured surface after it has been repaired, is to go over the whole wall/area,, again.....If you do just get it patched up,, no matter how good the repair, it will always be noticeable as a patch.

Roughcaster.

i am with r/caster on that one...........you will not be able to patch without seeing scar!.................however as it is being painted it can be blended in and with a bit of care will be barely visible.

As with most of this type of work, it all comes down to patience. ;)

Roughcaster.

If you note I advised it could be ''infilled and repainted'' with no problems. If it wasn't getting painted then yes it's very difficult to do an invisible mend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back