Rendering utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, was after some advice concerning rendering my utility room. Recently I have had my house externally insulated and finished with a wetherby pigmented render and dash.

I am now planning on rendering the adjacent utility room to match the house. The 2x questions I have is, the exterior currently has some hairline cracks, whats the best way to prep the area to prevent these from reappearing - i was thinking or hacking back and repairing these with a strong cement mix?

Also, the roof is corrugated cement board supported by wooden beam. The very front wooden beam is currently rendered over, but is cracked in places- whats the best way to repair this? I was thinking of hacking back to the wood then nailing mesh to the beam and rendering a scratch coat over this?

Cheers for any help in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back