Re-render or clad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my 1940s house is largely rendered with a textured finish. The house has had many alterations, extensions etc over the years and the render is patched where alterations have been made. And now some of the render is beginning to show hairline cracks so I'm going to have to do something about it. I'm after some opinions please. Do I do more patching where the cracks are? Do I bite the bullet and have it all hacked off and re-rendered? Or do I have it all hacked off and clad with cederal or similar? I'd appreciate some collective thoughts please.

Sponsored Links
Old picture but the house is essentially the same now.
House.jpg

Top cedral cladding with bottom rendered. I would get the rainwater pipes re- configured as well..

Sponsored Links
Yep - was one of the first jobs I did when we moved in (it's an old picture from when we first viewed the house). I can't imagine why anyone thought that pipe layout was aesthetically pleasing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back