Cracked render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have several cracks in the render on my house above the bay window/below upstairs window. I attached some pics which hopefully show the cracks. I would say they are about 1mm but not for up there for closer inspection. Should I be concerned or can these be filled in and then repainted? Render was done about 3 years ago before we moved in.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170909_174102.jpg
    20170909_174102.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20170909_174117.jpg
    20170909_174117.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
Hi all.

I have several cracks in the render on my house above the bay window/below upstairs window. I attached some pics which hopefully show the cracks. I would say they are about 1mm but not for up there for closer inspection. Should I be concerned or can these be filled in and then repainted? Render was done about 3 years ago before we moved in.

Thanks
That render looks as though it has "blown",,, (came away from the substrate underneath). If you tap it and it sounds "hollow", then that'll prove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back