Rendered over airbricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im beginning to think that a previous owner of my flat has had the airbricks at the front of the house rendered over. Other houses of the same style in the street have air bricks either side of the bay window and are easily seen as they don't have the external render. Would it be reasonable to assume as the other houses have them then I would too. House was built around 1900 and as it's end of terrace there are air bricks along the side just not at the front. How would I go about searching for if they are there or not? I've tried tapping the render but cant hear any difference in sound and I've measured to where the internal floor level is by using the window sill as a gauge but still cant locate them?

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Air bricks below the DPC or above the DPC? Or both?

Do you have any gas appliances?

Do you have a suspended floor(s)?

Are any interior air bricks or grills present on the outside walls - typically 1800mm above the FFL?

Hi Ree

Its hard to say as the external render goes straight to ground level so I cant see the dpc. There is however injection holes from a chemical dpc done at one point and that is above the air brick at the back of the house.

Only gas appliance is gas central heating.

I have suspended wooden floors.

I can only see 3 external air bricks - one at the back of the property and 2 along the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back