External painting-Brick built bungalow circa 1930s

Thanks guys, I’ve picked up five litre of the stabiliser and painted it on the wall at the french doors and at the back door but only on the yellow patches.

This part of the house walls are the worst.

I’ll get a coat of the masonry paint on tomorrow, the paint seems fine btw.

I’ll update the thread and stick up some pictures too, some parts of the walls are in a bit of a state to be honest but the render is at least sound.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I’ve picked up five litre of the stabiliser and painted it in the walls but only on the yellow patches.

I’ll get a coat of the masonry paint on tomorrow, the paint seems fine btw.

I’ll update the thread and stick up some pictures too, some of the walls are in a bit of a state to be honest but the render is at least sound.

Tony
Imo you need to do it all so it doesn't dry patchy

The top coat ,that is.

Aye I’m going to do two coats on the entire wall but I’ve only stabilised the patches, didn’t think there was any point stabilising all of the wall as the existing paint where there isn’t any patches is absolutely fine so I’ve painted the patches with stabiliser and then two coats of masonry paint on the entire wall.

I’ll be honest though the back wall that I’m re-doing at the moment probably needs re-rendered.

I really can’t see anyone making a decent job of re-applying a finish top coat at the patches to match the rest the wall, maybe a decent plasterer/roughcaster could but I’d only be buying some time I think.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A little update guys.

I painted the back wall today, I gave it three coats of paint as I’ve plenty but it’s looking excellent.

I’ll know for sure tomorrow though but provided there’s no reappearance of the yellow patches then I’ll carry on with the rest of the walls.

Thanks again.

Tony
60F7B571-15A3-4FF0-BA11-0C85D214530D.jpeg
40509814-4302-4C6E-85F9-82F2E5BA6896.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back