External Painting of Dashed Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on painting the external walls of my house next February/March and was wondering......

The walls are pebbledashed and the majority have already been painted previously. As it has been painted already should I dilute the paint or apply as it is? If I should dilute the paint what ratio would you recommend?

The extension, which again is dashed, has never been painted so I would need to prime it first. What primer would you recommend for sealing a dashed surface?

B&Q are selling 10L Sandtex paint 3 for 2 which looks great. Would you recommend using Sandtex?

Sponsored Links
The new unpainted extension should have a thinned first coat of masonry paint, no primer needed, run a hard brush over it first to remove any dust or loose stone . The previously painted walls, just slightly thin the first coat, the top coat should be neat or very slightly thinned but not so much as to compromise the paint. If the paint from b&q is retail and not trade, it will not need much thinning anyway as it is much thinner than the trade equivalent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back