External programmable roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have an ideal mini combi boiler with a faulty internal timeclock which i want to do away with, i have bought a honeywell wireless programmable stat (CM799RF)

I think i need to take a permanent live and nuetral to the reciever and then use A and B on the reciever to be wired up to the volt free connections 1 and 3 in the boiler.....

My question is, what do i do to the internal timeclock? do i unplug it somehow? Put a link somewhere or just ignore it? I dont want 2 timeclocks to work or work in conjunction with the boiler

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't work on Ideals or fit them. But if you have a standard Grasslin clockwork timer the simplest way is to switch it to constantly on.

If you want to be cleverer (is that a word?) then crimp the switch cables together......but this is unnecessary.

PS: CM799? - never seen one of those

Sorry CM700

If i crimp the switch cables together wont the boiler be permentantly on?

Sponsored Links
Not if the volt free connections you refer to are used to turn the boiler on/off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back