External rendering advice ( WITH PICS )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im wanting to tidy up some external render above my front bay window. Whats the best way to tidy this up?

- should i sand it first then re-paint
- whats the best paint to use
- how do i go about getting a straight edge, should i work from a battern?
- any other advice is apperciated.

Thanks.

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

Sponsored Links
scrape off the loose and get a tub off high build apply with a trowel and get the roller on it to give it a stipple effect ;)

does it look like the flashing needs attention too? or is it just the pictue?

If it were mine i'd be inclinded to hack off the bottom 6 inches, put up a drip bead and redo it, then pain the whole lot

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies fellas.... morrik27 & jbonding. Its the first time doing something like external rendering. The roller is a great tip. Not 100% on what a drip bead is ? i have an idea but could you explain further? also whats high build? is it just a ready mixed render? Just so you have a bit of background on this...the roof has just been re-felted and I was just going to re-point the flashing into the brick work. Whats the best way to get a straight edge along the angle where the render meets the brickwork? I was thinking of attaching a wooden batton to keep the angle straight....what do you think thanks again for your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back