External Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Second try-put this in the wrong forum!!! School boy error!

Hi all,

I have some external rendring to repair, it's broken away from the wall (pictures will follow-when i get the chance!) and i need to get it done before the winter so in the next few weeks while we still have what remains of a British summer!

Questions:

What mix should i use?

What prep work will be needed-i.e. does it need sealed up etc

Is there anything special that needs to be done when the repairs are near windows???

Thanks in advance all!

Dave

Sponsored Links
what kinda wall is it matey brick,block or stone? and
how is finished rubbed smooth or dashed? oh and
are the repairs around the window on the reveils or just a part of wall close to windows?

what kinda wall is it matey brick,block or stone? and
how is finished rubbed smooth or dashed? oh and
are the repairs around the window on the reveils or just a part of wall close to windows?

Not sure yet i haven't had chance to have a look, it for a friend of mine.
However, i do know it's a smooth finish and it's underneath the windows....i'd assume it brickwork. But we know what assumption is "the mother of all ***k up's!"

Cheers for any advice, still learning the trade so want to make sure i do it right at all costs, plastering is definitely one of the hardest trades to master...if it's beyond me i'll be looking to get someone else in. I'll get pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back