External Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I am sure you have answered this question a million times over and am sorry if I am repeating myself.

I am having the outside of my house rendered by my builder, however I have told him I am going to shop about for all the material to try and beat our budget. I want to buy the sand and cement plus the other material so we can get this done. When I asked him what I need he asked me to buy rendering sand and blue circle grey cement.

When I have seen other threads on this site, they have stated lime, waterproofers and plasctercisers.

We already have the thick pebble dash on there, and he is going to key that and render over.

My questions are:

- Can I use Leighton buzzard Sand for the Render?
- Is Blue circle cement any good?
- What brand of waterproofer/plasticiser do I use?
- Where do I get the lime from?
- What kind of lime is it?

I would appreciate any help you can give, as I dont want to buy him the wrong material.

Thanks and regards

Guvvi

Sponsored Links
He has not mentioned lime, why are you buying lime? If he's not used it before then he could well bodge it up.
You appear to trust 'our' judgement over his, why are you employing him? Have you seen examples of his work?

what about the sand used in external rendering, what should I buy

Plastering sand for external rendering isn't it?

I would have thought that the cost of the materials for a rendering job would be negligible compared to the labour cost anyway, plus the renderer will probably be able to get trade prices...

You might get more replies if you ask this question on the "Plastering and Rendering" forum...

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back