external rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.we have semi detach house.we had top half pebble dashed about 6 years ago.builder turned out to be proper cow boy.he hardley put any cement in it.even 2nd year it started falling off the walls.one side gable end is exposed to wind and rain and it is crumbling off.
I am thing to have a new type render instead now which looks nice.what is your openion.i just have a qoute from a reputable company of £4150.that includes taking all old stuff to base.2 coat new base +top coat.scafolding on 3 sides skip.is this price too high.somebody said its too much.any advise is most welcome.thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont know if its too much! the only way of knowing is to get another 2 or 3 like for like quotes.

You haven't specified what type of render your having if you want to save money you could take all the old render off yourself

Sponsored Links
You haven't specified what type of render your having if you want to save money you could take all the old render off yourself
hi.its new type of render not traditional sand and cement one.it comes ready just add clean water.top coat comes in drums.
yes you are wright i could take the old one off myself but then not many companies are willing to do the rest.the probabaley make mony on labour and scaffolding and skip etc.

1st time I've heard of render that comes drums but any of the synthetic renders are a lot more pricey than s&c as al said get some more quotes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back