Extra consumer unit

g12net500 said:
... i dont think 13a would be enough for 3 computers, network switch, router, printer, monitor and a cooling fan system?
There's a good chance it is - I have a 2200VA UPS running 2 PCs, 2 Laptops, a 19" LCD monitor, a label printer, three external disk drives, USB network storage server, KVM switch, network switch and a barcode reader... and the UPS reports the load is less than 30% of its capacity, so about 3A.

But it does depend on the actual equipment - if your monitor is a 21" CRT and the printer is a colour laser with several output bins, you'd need to do some investigating, but if they are LCD and inkjet respectively, I'd say you're well under 13A all together.

Now I mention it, why not get a UPS? It will give you protection against mains problems while you're using it, and it gives you one turn-off point to thwart inquisitive sprogs! You would need to calculate the load properly, of course, but it's no bad thing knowing that for sure.

Cheers,

Howard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back