Second Consumer Unit

sorry ban, i worded that quite badly. what i meant to say was, as far as im aware, the lowest fuse rating for that particular switchfuse, which i mentioned earlier, was only 80A. OSD type fuses: http://www.bussmann.co.uk/New LV/curves.pdf

assuming the dno requests a switchfuse, as tails longer than 3m, then one could only fit it with an 80A fuse and no lower, assuming none are available rated less than 80A. although this setup doesn't provide the discrimination that we wanted, its not dangerous, providing the tails are correctly rated. the switchfuse would still provide isolation, to make working on the new CUs a bit easier. its also possible the supply could be uprated in the near future.

incidentally, service fuses are what type??

Sponsored Links
user56565 said:
assuming the dno requests a switchfuse, as tails longer than 3m, then one could only fit it with an 80A fuse and no lower, assuming none are available rated less than 80A. although this setup doesn't provide the discrimination that we wanted, its not dangerous
Alternatively, if fitted after the henley block, just on the long tails, it could be rated below the service fuse as long as it would be high enough to support the load of the 2nd CU.
It wouldn't provide isolation for everything though.

But if the switchfuse chosen can't take the fuse you need, choose another switchfuse, or use an MCB...

Hi 56565,

Re the 13A ring - It was my error, they would be 32A rings, not 13A :cry:

I'll get the terminology right one day :LOL:

I've been on to the local power co, they charge less than £25 to come out disconnect, go away for a few hours and re-connect so I'll fit an 80A Switchfuse + Henlys as recommended.

Astroman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back