Extra Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all, Currently i have 5 rads downstairs all connected with 15mm copper pipe to combi boiler, Im wanting to install 3 new rads upstairs onto the current system.

The combi is only 6 month old but ill check it can take the extra rads.

Ive seen many systems using 10mm or 8mm pipe Why is this, is it better the smaller the pipe or does this allow more rads on the system.

Which is the best way to install these new rads and what size pipe would you recomend.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Sponsored Links
the pipe runs you have down stairs do they drop from the ceiling ?

Hi

All pipe work is on the ground floor under floorboards, no pipework at all upstairs.

Thanks for the reply

Kevin

you will need to T off the 15mm and run it in a corner if poss and use the white capping to hide pipes, and upstairs you will have to take up the floor boards to run the pipework to rads, Hang the rads first in the rooms and feed the 15mm to them under floor boards.

Sponsored Links
Thansk for that,

Is it best to use 15mm pipe or would it be better to reduce to 10 or even 8 mm or would it make no difference.

if i where you tho i would t off near the rad if it is under the windows so when you pull the curtains back the cladding will be hidden

kevhky said:
Thansk for that,

Is it best to use 15mm pipe or would it be better to reduce to 10 or even 8 mm or would it make no difference.

i would use 15mm and dont forget to connect flow and return in sequnce to the ones downstairs.

I dont know what you mean,

I was going to join a t piece to the 15mm pipe in a corner under floor and run 10 or 8mm pipe upstairs via corner of wall, would it make no difference what size pipe i use.

Kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back