Extra Rapid Cement - Workability

L

LooPrEvil

I am considering using extra rapid cement on a minor project this weekend, I note it hardens in approx 2 hours.

I have not been able to ascertain how long it remains workable for. Can anybody please advice - thanks.

Sponsored Links
I use it for concrete quite a bit - mix it, and use it straight away - it goes stiff in the barrow very quickly. i'd guess 15 mins or so, but after the first time i had a barrow load go off, i've never since mixed it up before i'm ready for it.

of course, colder weather and it's a bit slower or more water etc and it stays workable for longer, but that kind of defeats the object.

Wow, I will need to be quick! I could have done with about 30 minutes.

Is the the same mix ratio's as per standard portland cement?

same mixes - if i'm after a faster set i find that a stronger mix sets quicker, you could go with a weaker, wetter mix in this weather and maybe get your half hour, it's just be a bit of an experiment.

Sponsored Links
I opted for for ordinary portland cement, as the curing time was too quick, but thanks for your advice Stu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back