Extra water supply - fresh and waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am moving into a property that has an outhouse which housed the previous tenants washing machine.

Can I easily add to this existing pipework so I can add a dishwasher next to it?
If do what type of connections or fittings would you recommend?

I am going to be going in soon to decorate and clean before actually moving in so I am keen to get this in place before September if possible.

I appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20220702-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220702-WA0000.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20220406-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20220406-WA0012.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
You need to extend the cold water pipework to a point closer to the dishwashers position ,and fit a washing machine isolation valve ( like the one with the blue handle that you currently have).
Depending on your plumbing skills ,that can be done with various types of fittings , compression,push fit or soldered.
The waste standpipe can have a dual appliance inlet ,compression fitting added ,but your waste hose from the furthest appliance may not reach ,and you may have to extend it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back