Cold water supply to kitchen tap, dishwasher and washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I currently have a cold water supply pipe (15mm plastic) coming out of the kitchen unit. This needs to service the kitchen tap, dishwasher and washing machine. I am wondering if there is a suitable fitting to feed all of these or how I should arrange the pipework to ensure maximum flow, etc.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Par for the course I'd say.....washing machine / dishwasher demands aren't great or continuous so any reduction to the kitchen tap would be minimal.
John :)

What's normal in these circumstances? I should have stated that this is a DIY project but I have done some plumbing in the past.

My own supply is blue MDPE which reduces to 15mm within the building......static pressure 3 bar.
No problems with any appliance or supply but of course you can tell if more than one tap is open.
John :)

Sponsored Links
thanks @newboy. That's very helpful. Since, I have hep20 coming out of the ground, I'm inclined to continue with this in which case I will get the HEP equivalent fittings of what you have suggested.

Been doing some more digging on this and it transpires that there is no Washing machine tee valve in the Hep20 system. The closest appears to be this:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-hx18-15ws-straight-service-valve-15mm/9258f

This will require a Tee off my single pipe coming out of the ground and then a short stub of pipe connected into one of these. the same would then be repeated for the dishwasher and finally, I would have one of these for the tap pipes to connect into:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-hx2...tracking url&gclid=CJW8vriagdECFSIG0wodQu8G6A

Is this sensible?

The Hep service valve won't connect to the w/m or d/w

What are you planning to connect to the brass/Hep adaptor?

ohh, what do I use in the hep range for the dishwasher and washing machine?

the geo brass fitting would be for the flexible tap pipe to connect onto

thanks again. You posted the same link twice - in case you we're intending something else.

presumably I still need the tee and short stub of pipe to precede these appliance valves?

I've also noted your point on the isolator for the taps. A thought - could this same fitting not be used for the tap too?

thanks again. You posted the same link twice - in case you we're intending something else.

Apologies, it should have been a link to these - http://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-hd10-15w-equal-tees-15-x-15-x-15mm-10-pack/4500f

presumably I still need the tee and short stub of pipe to precede these appliance valves?

yes (and don't forget the inserts :))

I've also noted your point on the isolator for the taps. A thought - could this same fitting not be used for the tap too?

No - the tap tails won't connect to the appliance valve

Guys, given that I will be using the Hep20 fittings and I already have the Hep20 pipes coming out of the ground (I need to connect to these), I assume that Hep20 pipe is the way to go with the rest of this as opposed to copper pipe in conjunction with Hep20 fittings?

It all depends really. Nowt wrong with Hep but I do like the look of copper and it's resistance to getting banged/jammed/pulled or chewed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back