sink cold water pipe connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to revamp our kitchen which would mean installing a dishwasher and washing machine each side of the kitchen sink, i currently have an outside tap which tees off from the cold tap water supply, my question is would it be ok to take another 2 tees off the same pipe for a feed to the washing machine and a feed to the dishwasher? this would mean that the single pipe would be feeding 4 locations (the cold water tap, the outside tap, the dishwasher and the washing machine) is this is a bad idea? could someone please offer other suggestions

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be no problem if your supply is at good pressure.

If you are worried then put isolaters on new feeds which can be turned off and put you back to where you are now. :D

jon3674 said:
I intend to revamp our kitchen which would mean installing a dishwasher and washing machine each side of the kitchen sink, i currently have an outside tap which tees off from the cold tap water supply, my question is would it be ok to take another 2 tees off the same pipe for a feed to the washing machine and a feed to the dishwasher? this would mean that the single pipe would be feeding 4 locations (the cold water tap, the outside tap, the dishwasher and the washing machine) is this is a bad idea? could someone please offer other suggestions

Many thanks

Think about it...your cold main supplies most all your facilities, tee`d off from the mains usually, you won`t have a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back