Washer and dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to simplify the miles of copper pipe under my kitchen sink - year’s worth of people tadging bits on.

My question is this - I want to bring one cold feed up to my cold tap and put 2 tees (appliance valves) on that feed inside the cupboard under the sink: one for the washing machine and one for the dishwasher. Does this sound okay? My concern was if the tap, washing machine and dishwasher are all drawing water at the same time from the same feed will I run into pressure issues? The system is on a combi boiler.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Nothing unusual about that. You could actually just use one tee and then an appliance Tee and run both off the one fitting. Just have the pipework well clipped to support the valve and the pipes.
images

Any drop you may see on the cold water supply all depends on your mains water pressure. You will always see a drop if all 3 are on at the same time, how much is where the supply pressure comes in but that would only be for a max of a min or 2, if that, so is it really that much of a concern?

Sponsored Links
My only concern would be if there is a shower elsewhere in the house, should both appliances make a demand for water at the same time, then could the pressure drop affect the shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back