plumbing a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a dishwasher that needs fitting under my sink sounds simple but i already have a washing machine connected to the hot and cold taps. i was wondering if i could disconnect the hot water hose from the tap and use it for the dishwasher which means the d' washer would be connected to the hot tap and the w' machine would be connect to the cold, is that possible or not? if not is there any suggestions? javascript:emoticon(':confused:')
Confused
cheers

Sponsored Links
Here it is in English, Cornish. No offence meant ;)

Disconnect the washing machine cold pipe at the wash mac tap and fit a Y connector like the one Bob has posted a link for. Now connect both washing machine and dishwasher hoses to this.

How is your waste outlets for both machines configuered.

Sponsored Links
thanks that is fannytastic, i didn't realise you could get an adapter like that! the waste is fine there's a 2nd waste pipe the same as the washing machines waste pipe that has been blocked off, ill just take the block out.
the link bob posted was hidden cus my stupid bullguard internet protction puts all the unsafe links into a folder until i mark it as safe. hence the confusion.
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back