Washing Machine and Dishwasher at the same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for the daft question!

My washing machine, dishwasher and kitchen taps all come from one feed (dunno if that's the right word, but I mean there are two pipes, one hot and one cold supplying the washing machine, dishwasher and taps). If, for eg, my dishwasher and washing machine want water at the same time will they just wait their turns? Or will they both draw water at the same time or what?

I hope that's clear and appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So they both draw water at the same time. Is this OK? Will either go short of water and not perform properly?

Sponsored Links
Appliances usually have a sensor telling them when they have enough water rather than a time bound limit for filling, so as Breezer says, its no problem but may just take a bit longer to fill up ready to do its thing

However on the electrics forum sparkies have expressed feelings against the wisdom of using a cold fill washing machine and dishwasher simultaneously if they are plugged into the same circuit. :idea:

I have never had any problems myself running both simultaneously, but my washing machine is a hot fill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back