Extractor Fan Ducting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a 3m run of ducting for my bathroom extractor fan. I have been advised not to use the plastic flexy stuff as it will aparently reduce the extraction rate and instead use solid stuff. Can I use standard 100mm soil pipe for this? If not where do I get the correct ducting from?

Note that the fan is a vent axia ACM100T. The spigots have a outside diameter of 96mm.

Sponsored Links
Steve.

Its common practice to use flexible plastic ducting...never had a problem with it provided it is not torn or holed.You can use 100mm soil pipe if you wish if you have straight runs.

The main problem you will encounter as far as extraction rate is the type of fan you install..not sure if the one you mention is a centrifugal type ...if not then you will need to change it.

the problem with flexi ducting is the ridges on it.. they cause turbulance and affect the air flow...

Sponsored Links
Flexi ducting is for short runs.

For a proffesional install you should use rigid ducting, available from all wholesalers (all mine anyway!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back