Extractor fan Greenwood Airvac NTX100b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can anyone tell me why after installing the NTX100b fan, it continusly runs and won't switch itself off. I've replaced it with model no.G510 which was on 3 wires, the new model only requires 2, only requiring wires L and N. The old model was controlled by the light switch.

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with the Greenwood range but it sounds to me like the old fan was a timer model and the new one is not.

Probably you have connected the fan up to neutral and the permanent live - you should connect the fan to neutral and the switched live - this should only become live when the light is on.

PS, you should fit a timer fan if the room does not have an opening window.

The old model was controlled by the light switch.

That is the clue.

On the three wire (plus earth) to the old fan had permanent live and switched live that came on with the lamp. The switched live controlled the fan. When the lamp is turned off the switched live is no longer live and the fan can stop ( or if with a timer fitted can run on the permanent live until the timer runs out ).

Taylor has beaten me to it.

Sponsored Links
At moment I got blue to Netural, red to L1 and there is a yellow wire which is not connected, with this wiring no power at all, when put the red to L i get permanent power still not using yelow wire, does this make a fault with the product, or am I still doing something wrong?

Thanks

Dave

Try blue to N and yellow to L1. Sleeve the red - its probably permanently live.

Why idnt you buy the same model as you had before. There's a few on eBay, I notice...

I have just had the same problem......and by disconnecting the red and wiring the blue to N and the yellow to L1......it worked!
Thanks for your help.
:D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back