Extractor Fan Independant switch help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone tell what sort of bathroom pull switch I need if I want to activate the timer switch on the fan on the first pull everytime and the way to wire it if different from normal

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just a normal light switch will do - you only need to switch the live, and the fan itself is wired as normal with switched live, permanent live, neutral and earth.

Obviously the existing cable to it will need to be re-routed to the position of the new switch.

You might like to consider using a switch with a neon, or other type of, indicator so that you can tell if the fan has been switched off.

Thanks for the reply " ban all sheds "

I was looking for more of a contact switch type pull switch. Not sure if thats the best way to describe it and if they exist. Maybe theres another way round it?

I'm looking to alleviate the need to pull the switch twice. Really want to eradicate the chance of the switch being left on by accident and fan going off all day if I go out

Sponsored Links
Just found what i'm looking for if anyon's interested. It's called a momentary action pull switch.

MK do one, product code is MK3190

Thanks again ban all sheds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back