Extractor fan problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Everyone.
I am wanting to fit an inline ducted fan in my bathroom to cut down on the steam, i have been told that an in line ducted one is more powerful than a normal fan that fits into the wall, but my problem is, if i fit the fan in the loft, then there is no wall for me to knock a hole in to vent it out, i dont have a gable end because the house is detached and the roof comes down equally on all four sides, if i fitted a fan on the bathroom external wall then i would not have this problem, but i need something that is powerful.
Thanks for any input,
Dean

Sponsored Links
Inline ducted fans are usually more powerful as well as potentially being less obtrusive (noise) than when the motor is in the wall of the bathroom. But you don't always need an inline extractor. Pretty sure there are calculators to determine flow rates needed based on room/numbers/sizes/occupants/ages etc. So maybe get a 'normal' through wall extractor?

Alternatively, fit an in line one that vents through the roof. Would need a tile vent that fits on the end of the ducting.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the helpful replies, i dont like the idea of the roof tile vent, mainly because it means i would have to get on the roof..
I shall go into the loft and have a look at the soffit, see if it looks like that is an option, its not something that i had considered..
Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back