Extractor fan to UK Power Plug

I have got a small server in the attic and have put reflective material up to prevent the heat from leaking in from the sun-baked roof in summer. This server will be operating in low power mode. Im hopeful that the fan will help with cooling the server, so far with the server not running and the hatch open the attic rarely gets above 20 degrees centigrade. Wish me luck for this.

I currently don't have a 3amp fuse to put into a plug so im waiting for Sunday as I will have help then.

Sponsored Links
I currently don't have a 3amp fuse to put into a plug so im waiting for Sunday as I will have help then.

You don't need one. The fuse is to protect the cable not the fan. Assuming the cable is at least 1.5mm you could put a 13 amp fuse in.

N.B. Most other countries don't have fused plugs and their unfused plugs run off a 16 amp MCB with no problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back