extractor fan - where to place the ducting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

this is my first post. I've spent the last 30mins looking at numerous other posts regarding extractor-fans but I've not been able to find an answer to my question.

I'm looking at putting an in-line extractor in my bathroom which will be wired/placed in the loft space.

What I AM confussed about is how I get the steam out of the house :S

I've been reading about ducting that will expell the moisture out via the soffits (?). Okay, so I'm trying to find out how I do this...is there specific ductin I need?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Wayne

post moved

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you have a standard 100mm (4") fan, you have a choice of either rigid round, or square or flexible round ducting. I have used flexible round for my installation, this comes from the vent grille in the bathroom, into the loft where it's connected to one side of the fan, the other side, follows the eaves and connects to a grille installed in the soffit. Easy. Just remember to intstall the fan higher than the pipe to allow condensate to fall back down the pipe, unless you are installing a moisture trap of some description.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

As I thought.

I've currently not purchased anything as I wanted to check everything out before hand.

I'll look into the required kit now. Thanks again.

Wayne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back