Extractor fan wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to replace extractor fan that's stopped working with a new one. They are both overrun fans and the old one currently has a 3 pole isolator switch outside the bathroom with L1, L2 and N connections all used. Looking at this fan on the fantronix website (Classic White 100mm 4" dia) but in the 'how is it wired' section it states 'Permanent Live connection to L & Neutral connection to N'. Is this fan suitable for the job or will there be more wires than I know what to do with? I thought an overrun fan had a switched & permanent live & neutral. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Going to replace extractor fan that's stopped working with a new one. They are both overrun fans and the old one currently has a 3 pole isolator switch outside the bathroom with L1, L2 and N connections all used. Looking at this fan on the fantronix website (Classic White 100mm 4" dia) but in the 'how is it wired' section it states 'Permanent Live connection to L & Neutral connection to N'. Is this fan suitable for the job or will there be more wires than I know what to do with? I thought an overrun fan had a switched & permanent live & neutral. Thanks
There are five versions of this fan you need the second one in the control options panel - run on timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back