Bathroom Extractor fan but not connected to a light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wanting to install a bathroom extractor fan with a timer. I do not want it connected to the lighting, but its own switch.

The fan has L SL & N

The fan isolation switch has L1 L2 & N

Is it ok to use the isolation switch as the day to day switch (outside of bathroom) for the fan?

I intend to install a fused spur off the lighting circuit.

What is the best method of wiring this as all the wring diagrams for bathroom fans involve the lighting. When I bring the main Live and Neutral from the circuit, does the Live connect to both L1 & L2 on the incoming side of the isolator switch?

Thanks in advance.

sAM

Sponsored Links
The isolator switch can be used but you would not get run on. What you would need is something like this
p2777345_l.jpg
without the press for exit engraving so you can start the fan. Also a pneumatic type fit the bill
400A.jpg
if you are using a non spring return switch you may need a neon as hard to work out if on or off when fan does not stop.
If switched by lights then something like this
LIGHTS.JPG

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. I will replace the isolator with a 1 way switch.

Is there a wiring diagram to help me with this installation?

Sam

Sponsored Links
just get one with a sensor built in, or fit a PIR in the roof.. then you don't have to switch anything on or off.. it will turn on when you enter the bathroom..

I take it you don't always turn the bathroom light on when you goto the loo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back