Bathroom extractor fan wiring issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. Have connected an in-line bathroom timer extractor fan via 3 pole isolator. Problem is that the fan runs when the light switch is operated but only when the L1 and L2 had been reversed at the isolator. If I connect L1 and L2 as instructed, the fan will only operate by the isolator and not by the light switch. When the light switch is pressed off the fan stops, :rolleyes: :oops: I cannot make the timer function work.
Isolator switch operates, when switched off and light switch pressed on fan does not work. What have I done wrong?

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Where did you take the supply for the fan isolator from?

You have got permanent live, switched live, neutral and earth going to it?

All I get from the above link is a warning about hot linking and theft!

Is it just me?

Sponsored Links
showerfanwiringharmonis.jpg

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, Ban the Shed, your wiring diagram is exactly how I wired it, but I have had to reverse the LS and the L at the fan for anything to work. I'm puzzled.

post up pics of the wiring connections at the light, isolator and fan if possible, it may be easier for us to help with some visuals.

i wonder, is your bathroom light the end of the run, has it just got a feed and a switch wire?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back