Extractor fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Does anyone have a recommendadtion for a good (by which I mean powerful quiet and reliable) extractor fan. I'm fitting a range cooker and am going to build the cowel. I'm looking for a good quality wall mouned extractor. I'm exhausting directly through the wall to the outside but the cowel is going to be big. A sort of mock englenook chimney but where the front lifts out to form the 'hood' when its in use. The cowel is going to be about 4ft wide and about a foot deep. Its also going to be about 6ft up the wall so I don't hit my head on it. I'm looking for something that has several speeds but that will pull at least 60 ltrs/sec. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Sponsored Links
You will need to design in grease filters or the fan won't last long.
I used a standard hood concealed in my made to measure unit.
If it's very wide you may be able to get a pair of basic hoods and set them side by side and wire them to run together.

Hi Thanks for a novel solution to the problem. There would be room (just about to get two hood units and wiring them so that they are linked wouldn't be a problem but then I would end up with two holes on the wall as well. I would prefer to go with a single fan with lots of power. I have been looking at the ECO-500 (made by S&P in Spain) which has a grease trap and can be taken apart to wash in a dish washer. The only worry is it's a bit big and it only vents through the top. It's also a bit noisy at 52dba. So I guess I'm looking for something that's got plenty of suck and is washable and has a grease trap but also is ventable through the back. So far a web search hasn't thrown anything up so if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
You can use a flexi hose to connect top of fan to wall , all ready made units vent thru the top and have to be diverted to wall exit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back