Eye protection mists up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use these cheap pair of goggles when soldering or using my cutting gear. I tend to slide it up to my forehead in between cuts. When I then go to use it again, it's always misted up.

upload_2020-6-28_21-54-37.png

Can someone provide a recommendation for a replacement please.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Enlarge the ventilation holes top and bottom. Alternative - source one of those whole face clear shields, being used by doctors when dealing with the virus.

Jupiter, I am wondering if you are on a wind up. You have posted many questions recently and they have mostly been silly questions.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sorry if you feel that way Andy. I’m just trying to learn by asking questions. I’d like to think they aren’t entirely stupid and if they are, I appreciate your forbearance.

On this, I have seen eye protection advertised as “anti mist” and was after recommendations to that effect.

Clear face shield as mentioned by Harry is the way to go, also far more comfy,and don't forget to remove film on screen.

ae235

This looks like the one that is available in Screwfix. Is that case?

I could pick one of these up quite easily.

I bought De Walt safety specs. Not as stupidly expensive as most of De Walt stuff I will admit. Supposed to be ant mist and ant scratch. Rubbish, within a week they were scratched and they misted up from the first wearing.

Double glazed skiing masks aren't bad but scratch like everything else, best to blow or wash them off instead of wiping your mitts over them

also, don't clamp them to your sweaty forehead.

dangling them under your chin would be better.

Thanks guys. I brought the face shield suggested by @Charlie George. It's very comfortable and I can swivel it over my head - approximately the same as sticking the goggles on my forehead!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back