Eye watering rail fares

Drivel :idea: It`s actually cryptic and follows a pattern , there is a lot of sense in the posts but MM has a habit of interposing random thoughts in the text which confuse a lot of people ;)

Sponsored Links
I wondered about whether to bother posting, 'cos there's either some 'new mod on the block', or recently new poster, who's decided that MM needs protection after posting drivel. Or MM himself requests posts, that highlight his flawed ideas, are deleted.
To take some of his statements a bit at a time
.... Remove the 50% tax band for millionaries...they have enough money already, these posers, that flash the cash ...... tax then 75%
That's an assumption that either all millionaires are posers or 'flash the cash'. Alternatively, MM suggests his idea should only apply to those millionaires that meet his criteria.

If you didn't make it as a millionare, and can't afford to live abroad...teach them to grow up. ......
This suggests that if you didn't make a million and/or can't afford to live abroad, you're immature.

.... . There are far more wannabe millionares, that don't contribute back to society,
Not sure what this is supposed to suggest.

.... where the millionares do, and are punished, then leave the country to avoid the 50% tax rate.
They don't actually leave the country permanently, only temporarily.

.... Then the Multimilionares will come back to the country, pay tax at a usual rate, and give back.
Yeah, that'll work, don't tax them at 50%, tax them at 75% and they'll start paying UK taxes. :rolleyes:

I agree with Nige, MM does post in a similar fashion. It's all drivel.
He does manage to confuse some people, mainly himself.

I don't suppose this post will be around for long.

You mean like this one?

captureta.jpg
[/URL]

I'm not knocking these marques in their original form. It's when they were swallowed up by BMC/BL that it all went wrong. Compare a P4 Rover to an SD1. Worlds apart in quality.

You are right about Rover, Jaguar still do OK and land rover will always be crap , but not as crap as they were.
So tell us , if they put millions into bmc/bl then why did they all turn out so crappy?

Weak management, poor design, inefficient working practices, similar sized cars competeing with each other, stroppy workforce. Quality control went along the lines of - send the cars out, and let the customers find out what's wrong with them. The millions went into propping up an ailing company, not product design.

You can't polish a turd, no matter how much money you give to the polisher.

Funny thing is, the workers who were always out on strike at BL, are probably the same ones working their nuts off in a Jap owned car factory in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Simples. Remove the 50% tax band for millionaries...they have enough money already, these posers, that flash the cash middle band, tax then 75%

If you didn't make it as a millionare, and can't afford to live abroad...teach them to grow up. There are far more wannabe millionares, that don't contribute back to society, where the millionares do, and are punished, then leave the country to avoid the 50% tax rate.

Then the Multimilionares will come back to the country, pay tax at a usual rate, and give back.
Do you actually read your dribble before clicking on the 'submit' button?

Do you read posts before you respond to them?

Everyone that has 1 million in the bank, pays 50% tax, and leaves the country, but there are loads of people that are just under that bracket, so reduce the tax rate, for lower rate payers, so when they go over the threshold, they remain in the country.

You might find that a strange association, as you do not bother to read, or are unable to read, and understand, which is frankly insulting, because the train companies are subsidised by the Government, so the more the customer pays, the less the tax payer gives.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

So either, you tax the very rich, that are not in a position to leave the country, and leave the mega rich to lap it up in another country, with their 50% tax rate, or lower tax rates for the mega rich, to entice them back, but they have a good deal already. A case of I'm OK mate.

I don't understand why the trains are subsidised by the Government, it was owned by them, they sold it off...then buy German trains, thus losing jobs in the UK, but at the same time, the UK train owners are selling/loaning out British locomotives to foreign countries, thus we have a shortage in this country.

It's all about someone getting rich, and not the customer.

I don't understand the abuse within this thread towards me, or the shortsightedness of the response.

But the question still stands.

And do some more research on the trains.

But the question still stands.

And do some more research on the trains.

I just about respond to your inane question...Yes I check my post before posting it, after I read your 'dribble' that you posted, to make me post a reply.

Having a Family that works for the Railways, is good research I find.

Do you do research before you post? And is 'Dribble', a word, to be used in the context that you are using it?

Everyone that has 1 million in the bank, pays 50% tax, and leaves the country, but there are loads of people that are just under that bracket, so reduce the tax rate, for lower rate payers, so when they go over the threshold, they remain in the country.
So, being the uber researcher you'll not have any difficulty in stating your reference for this 'fact' and why you are so certain that it is indeed everyone.

I don't understand the abuse within this thread towards me, or the shortsightedness of the response.
Really?

Everyone that has 1 million in the bank, pays 50% tax, ........
Pays tax on what exactly?
Perhaps you ought to give us your definition of a millionaire, and then suggest how income tax can be applied to their capital.

... but there are loads of people that are just under that bracket, so reduce the tax rate,
So you think the present £150,000 ceiling is inappropriate? Why?
for lower rate payers,
I assume this was a random thought thrown in because it doesn't quite fit into your line of thinking. If someone is a lower rate tax payer, why lower the rate any further?
so when they go over the threshold, they remain in the country.
Ahh, so you think that anyone earning more than £150,000 is leaving the country? So where does the £1M fit into the equation?

You might find that a strange association, as you do not bother to read, or are unable to read, and understand, which is frankly insulting, because the train companies are subsidised by the Government, so the more the customer pays, the less the tax payer gives.
Hmm, let me guess the semantics here.
Do you mean that you are insulted if someone does not or cannot read?
Or do you mean that someone does not or cannot read something that is insulting?
Or does the association refer to the reading and understanding?
I'm sure there are a myriad of other plausible meanings to your sentence.
However, your oversimplified model of customers paying extra so tax payers need to finance the trains less, is, well, oversimplistic.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
You can and many do.

So either, you tax the very rich, that are not in a position to leave the country,
We need your definition of rich and mega-rich to have an idea that you know what you're talking about.
and leave the mega rich to lap it up in another country, with their 50% tax rate,
If they are resident abroad or off-shore, a) they may not be paying 50% tax on their earnings, and b) they may wish to remain lapping it up abroad.

or lower tax rates for the mega rich, to entice them back,
I'm pleased to see you've recognised the ludicrous suggestion you made in your earlier posting of introducing a 75% tax rate.

but they have a good deal already. A case of I'm OK mate.
So what makes you think they would want to return. Although they are here already, just registered as resident else-where.

If you think that highlighting the flaws in your ludicrous suggestions is abuse, then do your usual trick and report any posts that disagree with your views or unravel your arguments.

Sponsored Links
Back