f.a.o oil personnel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
people i have a problem with a worcester heatslave 26/32 with a bentone sterling 40 burner assy

serviced approx 6 weeks ago nozzle changed set up as per spec combustion spot on pump pressure 130 psi smoke trace but in the last week it keeps locking out intermitantly :!:

another engineer has been and replaced the oil pump p/cell ignition transformer and motor :eek:

when the burner is reset the boiler runs fine for hours than gives up the ghost :evil:

thoughts appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi GP,
Assuming that it's not fuel starvation, (blocked filter?) you could try replacing the fuel solenoid coil. Have had a few of these that fail when they're hot, ie. been on for a while.
Hope this helps.
John.

is this one you've been working on? If so why weren't you called back when the fault developed? How come you're going back now? Sounds like the other engineer's bill is gonna be a biggy.

Personally I would say check all online filters, however awkward, and was the solenoid replaced with the new pump? Has a smoke pump/analyser been used to setup?

Sponsored Links
Bentone Sterling's can suffer annoyning hard to find intermittant faults, sounds like the previous guy has just thrown (very expensive) parts at it witrhout success, My cash is on Satronic TF830 Control Box? ;)

Check for cracked electrodes also, and drill a small hole in face of blast tube in front of PEC. Bentone told me to try this on one burner i was having trouble with and it worked.
Did it work ok before the service ?
Stix.

Hi GP,
Assuming that it's not fuel starvation, (blocked filter?) you could try replacing the fuel solenoid coil. Have had a few of these that fail when they're hot, ie. been on for a while.
Hope this helps.
John.

john the filter at the oil tank is clean the boiler is fed off a tiger loop so no problems there i assume ths coil on the oil pump was new when it was replaced

is this one you've been working on? If so why weren't you called back when the fault developed? How come you're going back now? Sounds like the other engineer's bill is gonna be a biggy.

Personally I would say check all online filters, however awkward, and was the solenoid replaced with the new pump? Has a smoke pump/analyser been used to setup?

as stated combustion anlys and smoke test completed on service all good then

Bentone Sterling's can suffer annoyning hard to find intermittant faults, sounds like the previous guy has just thrown (very expensive) parts at it witrhout success, My cash is on Satronic TF830 Control Box? ;)

funny that this burner has a bentone 832 control box on it could you confirm if this is correct please

Check for cracked electrodes also, and drill a small hole in face of blast tube in front of PEC. Bentone told me to try this on one burner i was having trouble with and it worked.
Did it work ok before the service ?
Stix.

electrodes are in a sound condition excuse my ignorance but what are you referring to as a pec

Photo electric cell (photocell) I have had bovver when the leads to the electrodes obscured it before...I doubt if its the problem here though :confused:
John :)

Ok GP, if u don't think it's the coil, if it's still locking out, then check there's still fuel in the tigerloop next time it goes to LO. Replaced a TL last month that had a hairline crack in the plastic dome. This was preventing it from sucking properly.
Regards.
John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back