F.A.O. Roughcaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Roughcaster

I have another quick question for you !

Quite a bad crack about 9" long has appeared in our wet harling.

We are worried about water getting in and freezing at a later date.

How would you suggest we fixed this ?

Many thanks.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
9" crack,, tell us more..... Vertical or horizontal? Above a window or a door, lintel area? Middle of a wall? Does it sound hollow when you tap on/around it????

Roughcaster.

Hi Roughcaster

So the crack is about 9" long and a few mm wide.

The strangest thing is that when we looked at it today is seemed to have closed up a little - very strange - must have been a shadow effect ?

It is neither vertical not vertical, nor it is not near a window or door or near a lintel.

The wet harl around the crack is not hollow when you tap it.

Based on this how would you recommended we treated it.

I guess any repair will be obvious to the visible eye once completed ?

We may be forced to paint the wall so as to hide it.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Self Builder 123,
Its always better to make any question open to all, rather than to one specific person, that way you will get a much broader response all round.

I don't think there's anything to "repair" really. If the was over a window or a door, you could say it might have been the lintel that caused it to crack,,,,, but I think it might be where the coating has slumped and "split" a little in that area. I wouldn't start hacking at the wet dash just for that, you'll do more harm than good... If you're going to paint the wet dash anyway, i would make up a "very small" amount of mortar(w/proofer/plasticiser), wet the area a little, and rub it well into the split with a sponge,,,,, for all it is,, you'll probably never notice it.
Anybody else have any comment/ideas.??

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back