f&b waterprimer undercoat??

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hello fellow deccies.. I've not used f&b for some time. When I finish lining walls (15 rolls :rolleyes: ) I have to finish with Farrow & Ball estate emulsion..
Looking on the f& B site they say to use 'water primer undercoat' :confused: Anyone here used etate emulsion on lining/plaster without the wterprimerundercoat??. I was thinking to just use a thinned 1st coat of the estate stuff to seal the linning paper. In tha past I recall using it on previously emulsioned walls without any undercoat/primer no probs.

Any thoughts.. b4 next tues :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ive used it quite a lot..

Waterprimer undercoat?...whats all that about?

I have done it over lining paper and as you rightly suggested thinned out first one..

I've done it quite a few times. Just thinned out the first coat by about 10%. I can't see what difference the primer would make really. Even over plaster I'd be more inclined to use Glidden or Dulux contract first.

Whilst we're on the subject of F&B Estate; does anyone actually roller and then lay off as they recommend?

Sponsored Links
I dont..the edge goes off too quick and you also get drag marks.

Same as. It just seems to make a mess. Good prep and a good roller and what more can you do?

I'm starting to think it's part of the excessive amount of clever marketing blurb that clients will read and think they've bought something extra special, only for us to apply it just as any other paint.

I still like F&B stuff though. In fact one of my favourite jobs was with the Modern Emulsion in String and I usually hate anything other than matt. Just wish I could get it trade. /greedy. ;)

Whilst we're on the subject of F&B Estate; does anyone actually roller and then lay off as they recommend?

when I've used it, mainly on pre painted walls I Used it like any other emulsion with roller.
I wonder if the 'Tech author' realises hes talking emulsion.. Not gloss... lol.

IMO you cant whack a brush finish if your painting from fresh...theres nothing worse though than brush marks over orange peel from a roller or vicky verky...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back