F Compression tool

Sponsored Links
Thanks bit i'm going to have splitters and amplifiers under floorboards and in loft etc so I want to know it's a solid and dependable connection.

Thanks again

Steve

Prep the cable properly and use silicon grease and the twist on connectors are as good as a good crimp.

In fact, you're more likely to make bad connections if you've never crimped them before.

Sponsored Links
Crimps and compression plugs are two different animals.

I use compression plugs for all outdoor fixings because they are waterproof by design if fitted right. Crimps probably are too. It's just personal but I'm much happier with the way compression plugs make a consistent 360 degree "grip" compared to crimp plugs.

The compression tools I use came with my Liberty Connectors install kit. The design is different to the one in your link. I think if I had to buy one for a one-off large job then that one in your link would be okay. It's not a fortune and you get some connectors and a stripping tool as well.

My only concern would be the wisdom of putting any component under the floor. I prefer to keep anything like that accessible.

Thanks bit i'm going to have splitters and amplifiers under floorboards and in loft etc so I want to know it's a solid and dependable connection.
As Chris stated, that's not a good idea. I had access to M.O.D. reliability statistics records some years ago and 50% of failures were caused by connectors. (As another poster stated, silicone grease is advisable - especially on bare copper wires, which will otherwise oxidise.)
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/silicone.htm

Electronic devices also fail so you need to place them in an accessible location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back